August 27, 2008
Several readers noticed that after filing several blogs in real time from the convention this evening, I suddenly stopped. This is due to the fact that while I had a media credential, I didn’t possess one of a pay grade that allowed me internet access.
So I borrowed Bloomberg’s internet connection until they decided they wanted it.
Another day, another lesson in how to do conventions right.
If I had access to the net all evening, here are some random musings I jotted down:
1) We found out that John McCain and George Bush are best friends. No fewer than 8 speakers said so. I wonder if anyone has told George Bush?
2) The Democrats are more progressive than I thought. They build aerobics into their convention routine. There is apparently a rule that every 10 minutes people stand up, stretch, and vent. This rule, however, does not apply to the press.
3) The word ‘change’ was used tonight 2,347,412 times. You can ‘believe’ (in) it.
4) I take back what I said about lack of ideas at the DNC. PA Governor Ed Rendell listed no fewer than 65 things that Barack Obama and Joe Biden will do in the next 10 years, including: eliminating all budget deficits, solving the entitlement dilemma, helping all of us get hybrid cars, eliminating the importation of all foreign oil, feeding the world, and keeping taxes low by asking the oil companies to function as a charity. (I didn’t quite make out the fine print)
5) If Warren Buffet can make the case that John Edwards ought to be served a class action suit on behalf of all the people who contributed to his campaign without him fully disclosing that he was behaving in a manner that would disqualify him to be President, how can Hillary Clinton not push her nomination to a floor vote today when the mere switch of uncommitted superdelegates could provide her the nomination?
That’s it for tonight. Tomorrow, John McCain’s prayer life.
Note To PR and Media Department. I actually took pictures today with the digital camera. Unfortunately, since there is no 2 year old living in this home, I will have to wait until tomorrow morning to find one to show me how to download them onto the blog.